Human Givens psychotherapists offer practical help that deals with mental and emotional distress in the here and now.
Their training ensures that they have a sound body of scientifically-based knowledge and the proven skills to help people (both adults and children) as quickly as possible with a wide variety of emotional and behavioural difficulties, including the following:
- reduce anxiety — generalised anxiety, panic attacks, fears, phobias, obsessions (OCD), lack of confidence or overwhelming stress and pressure can be treated effectively.
- break the cycle of depression — even chronic depression can often be lifted quickly and the meaning and joy returned to life.
- resolve trauma — dissolve the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), however severe, safely and quickly.
- manage anger — anger disorders damage health, increase the likelihood of an early death and cause misery among relatives, colleagues and innocent bystanders.
- stop addictive behaviour — people can be freed from all forms of addiction - alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, TV and computer games, eating disorders - providing they want to make the effort to stop.
When our emotional needs are not met, or when our resources are used incorrectly, we suffer considerable distress and so can those around us. A Human Givens practitioner will focus on helping their client to identify their unmet emotional needs and empower them to meet these needs by activating their own natural resources in new ways. To do this they use a variety of up-to-date, proven techniques aimed at problem solving.