Initial post - - hope to hear back from you?

martinwilks44

Initial post - - hope to hear back from you?

Postby martinwilks44 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Hiya folks,
Missed you all yesterday evening - whilst at the same time enjoying my shorter working day!
But what I missed was that "we-space" that we often generate on an 8 week course training. That sense of resonance we generate as a group of human beings all working together on something we value. I'm lucky in that my work offers me repeated opportunities for this.
I've just completed my monthly editorial for Ipswich 24 - April edition comes out at the end of March. I thought to share it below : -

Ipswich Mindfulness drop-in group turns into a free for all!

A playful title - though this is what has happened. Quay place invites their regular facilitators to offer free taster sessions once a month; my drop-in groups for course graduates were not being sufficiently well attended to cover the room hire, AND I was finding it difficult to make additional time for the free taster sessions. The SOLUTION - ‘Free for all’ mindfulness sessions from 7pm every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Opportunity for previous course graduates to meet up and refresh their formal practice; and an opportunity for newcomers to find out more … or for long-timer mindfulness practitioners from anywhere to come resonate alongside of us as we all practice together.
Building community, the Buddhist tradition call it “sangha” - is essential support for us as individuals moving forwards with a more mindful life. And, generally speaking, for us as a community facing rapid, fundamental changes in our customary ways of being in the world, anything that can help bring about a greater sense of solidarity, as well as equanimity, will shore up our resilience and contribute to our capacity for hope.

The “Life Lounge” continues at Quay Place - March’s theme was “confidence from the inside out” - and April’s will be on the theme “Sing yourself well” that’s the second Thursday of the month.

I’ve just completed teaching my two new year mindfulness courses. We had a wonderful, culminating day retreat at Otley Hall - probably the last at that venue as they wind down their program. The next retreat on the horizon is a 3 day “Mindful in Nature” retreat at a residential woodland retreat centre near Royston, Cambs over the early May bank holiday weekend.

I’m taking a breather from the usual after Easter courses; my next 8 week courses from both Ipswich and Woodbridge will start in September,

All my mindfulness related work can be booked from www.bwis.online - and so can the monthly life-lounge. If you, or someone you’re supporting, want to work with me one to one then check my website: www.martinwilks.com for info, contact and booking details.

Let's see how we manage with this forum - post as little or as much as you will. We just need to be logged in to BWIS to access the dialogues.
And remember, if you will, I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks Meral, for your, and for the nudge to get on with setting up the forum.

Metta, with loving kindness

Martin
CameronSalter176

Re: Initial post - - hope to hear back from you?

Postby CameronSalter176 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi Martin and other mindful friends,

Thank you for setting up the forum and for your nice post about upcoming events. I hope to come to some of the monthly drop-in sessions. Unfortunately I can't make the one next week, but hopefully I will make the one in April. Hope to see some of you there.

Please can you remind me about the feedback that would be useful for you and how I can go about giving that to you? Can I just email you?

Best wishes,
Cameron
MeralBence158

Postby MeralBence158 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Thank you Martin for setting up this forum. It's feels good to know that we will have a common place we can all come to if we want to discuss anything mindfulness, share mindfulness practices and seek advise :D
It's very strange how you get used to something so quickly and Monday evening just did not feel the same last week.
I hope everyone is keeping well and starting to enjoy the early signs of Spring (not enjoying this wind though... its blowing off the petals from my cherry blossom tree :x )
Bye for now,
Meral
LyndaPhillips172

Postby LyndaPhillips172 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello mindful chums,

Thanks to Martin’s expert guidance I have at last managed to find my way in...more challenging than walking the labyrinth ;)

Hope everyone is managing to keep up their practice. It’s a challenge sometimes to make time for it but I find that I cherrypick my favourite ones to fit the time I have available. So far so good, not quite a habit yet but I’m working on it.

I plan to get to the drop in on Wednesday, hopefully I will see some of you there.

Love to you all
Lynda
martinwilks44

Postby martinwilks44 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Hey - its great to check in tonight and find other people have found their way in.
Glad some of you may make it to the Wednesday drop-in
I made a poster for that today - I've attached it below AND the poster for the spring retreat "mindful in nature"

Please let me know if you've managed to see these?

I'm still experimenting!

metta

Martin

Return to “8 week mindfulness training course”